what makes renting from basecamper vans great?
- Easy-to-drive vans with automatic transmission and cruise control fit in standard campsites; special campsite reservations aren't necessary.
- Custom built interiors designed for functionality and maximum space.
- Spacious rooftop storage boxes, ski racks, and bike carriers.
- Now offering Tepui roof top tents for additional sleeping space.
- Plenty of gear included - see the list here: what equipment comes with my van?
- All-wheel-drive vehicles to get you and your passengers up and down the canyon safely on powder days.
- Friendly, knowledgeable folks happy to help with trip planning.
- Turn Key solution for self-directed travel.
- At Basecamper Vans, "we stand for what we stand on" ~ Ed Abbey. So use our vehicles to drive to the trailhead, do your thing, come back safely and have a nice evening. Rinse and repeat.
- Based in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah close to affordable accommodations and direct domestic and international flights.
- Our depot is easily accessible by public transportation, taxis, Lyft, and Uber.
- Please make an appointment before dropping by.
- Centrally located near 7+ National Parks, 8+ world class ski resorts, destination hiking, mountain biking, river rafting, and climbing areas.
- Popular itineraries include the Mighty Five, Grand Teton National Park, and Yellowstone National Park.
- Thousands and... thousands and... thousands of acres of public lands to recreate, camp, relax, and rejuvenate.
- Straightforward pricing; we pair you with the best available vehicle for your trip, without any up-selling or hidden costs.
- Campervan rentals start at $119/day. Discounts apply for long term rentals. Please email for a quote. We reply quickly.
- 125 miles/day included in our daily rate - $0.35/mile after that.
- Included zero deductible $1,000,000 liability insurance, collision and comprehensive insurance (w/$1,500 deductible) means worry free trips.
- Optional bi-fuel vehicles reduce fuel costs ($1.79 per gallon of gasoline equivalent using compressed natural gas).